This is the topic to discuss development of ImmediateNotifyPlugin
If you need support, go to Support.ImmediateNotifyPlugin
where you can ask questions and find answers to previously asked questions.
If you want to report a bug, or a feature request, go to Tasks.ImmediateNotifyPlugin
where you can see already submitted issues and where you can submit a new bug report or feature request.
Should we merge features of several plugins that appear to provide similar / overlapping functions:
- Configured per user using [WikiName]NotifyList topic in Main web
- This has performance implications - every save requires that all *NotifyList topics be read to determine if any listed topics / regexes match the saved topic. For a larger Wiki, the notification lists should probably be cached or saved in some sort of searchable backend that is queried in the *NotifyList topic.
- Provides replacement for MailerContrib mailnotify script for unified subscription of Immediate & Deferred notifications
- Supports regex matching of topic names
- Provides %NTF% macro to adjust notifications
- As implemented this is a commonTagHandler that calls Foswiki::Store directly - probably not portable to Foswiki 1.1
- Not yet completely ported
- Notification happens in beforeSaveHandler - May result in false notifications if save fails for some reason.
- Pluggable notify handlers. Currently SMTP and Jabber (XMPP)
- Configured per topic using Set stmt, or per web with WebImmediateNotify topic (similar to WebNotify)
- WebImmediateNotify topic syntax not unified with WebNotify
- Issues found in original version - being corrected.
- Not ported. Notifies subscriber when a child topic is changed.
- Appears to support "immediate children" only - doesn't chase topic hierarchy
- Released - need to discuss with author.
Also, should immediate notifications be considered for merging into the conventional notification process.
- 11 Sep 2010
A lot of the issues I found in ImmediateNotifyPlugin
have been fixed in svn. I released a working version to ImmediateNotifyPlugin
a long time ago now. I've also started to merge in the IRC and Tweet plugins.
- 22 Jan 2012
I've never seen this plugin because there is no PackageForm
, therefore no ExtensionClassification
. Perhaps it should fall under "Workflow automation"?
- 24 Jan 2012
Yeah. It probably should not even be in the Exensions web. The version released to Extensions does not work. The version in Extensions/Testing is somewhat functional. The SVN
version has come a long way. I really ought to release it.
- 24 Jan 2012