Explanation of the process
New feature proposals will by nature be for the first Foswiki release.
When you add a proposal you must create a new topic describing your proposal. You can use the form below.
For the community to accept a proposal you must propose something that you are prepared to implement yourself or by an already committed developer.
The 14-day clock does not start until
- There is a committed developer
- The date of commitment field has a date (so the application below can show it)
You are welcome to propose enhancements without a committed developer but then the community is only able to discuss the feature, not to accept it.
But you may be lucky that a developer picks up the idea and decides to commit himself to implementing it.
Before submitting a new proposal:
- Please scan over the existing feature requests to see if it has been requested already.
- You might want to make yourself familiar with our Acceptance/Rejection Process of new features.
- If you are including code to implement features, thanks for contributing to Foswiki's development! Please see the PatchGuidelines to make your patch easier to apply.