Feature Proposal: New Layout for More Screen
The current More screen has grown over time and had become more and more cluttered. While there is sense in having all options accessible within the one screen, it seldom occurs you are doing more than one action at a time (succesful actions will lead you back to the view page). So easy access does not provide fast manipulation.
I want to propose a layout based on showing the possible options in a clean way.
It is currently closer to a brainstorm than a final design.
What should be in the More screen?
These are advanced topic manipulation
- Restore the topic
- Rename the topic
- Delete the topic
- Reparent the topic
- Set topic variables
Other elements have tradionally been included, but are actually referencing, not manipulating the topic:
- List child topics
- List differences between topic revisions
- List topics linking to this topic (backlinks)
These actions can be offered elsewhere.
-- Contributors: ArthurClemens
- 19 May 2008, 09 Nov 2008
This layout will be rethought. The new UIs will likely not use the more screen, so this template will just function as fallback.
- 24 Feb 2012
completely removed the more template. All actions are available in a drop down menu, or as part of the edit screen.
In addition plugins can hook into the menu adding more entries.
- "Manage tags in this web" ... ClassificationPlugin to rename/merge/delete tags
- "Open WebDAV Directory" ... WebDAVContrib to access attachments in a web folder
- "Download external resources" .... HarvestPlugin to bulk-download and attach images or pdfs from a website.
Most menu entries open up an jquery ui dialog to reduce page changes.
- 24 Feb 2012